Random Sampler

First of all, I will give 10 points to whoever can tell me where the "Random Sampler" idea came from. Second of all, there is much to tell, so buckle-up and enjoy the randomness!

So, finally, for the first time in about 3 months, I made it to the bottom of the laundry basket! It seemed only natural that since it had been a long time since the last visit with it, and it will be a long time since we chat again, that I wash it. So that is precisely what I did. Yes, I know, you probably never even knew that the laundry had an end, but I can assure you it does. (that is of course until you take a shower and find that the clothes you had been wearing are now - dirty ...)

Justin prefers to listen to the news in the morning, as an alarm clock. Which can be pretty weird, 'cuz it comes on and you're still half asleep, so you start dreaming about the things they are talking about on the news. Then, when you really wake up, you're sort of confused about what is reality and what was just a dream. For example: Is OJ Simpson seriously on trial again, or was that just a really bad nightmare? Can it be true that Governer Sarah Palin said in a vice presidential debate that you could measure the status of the economy by whether or not soccer moms were worried about it? (if I'm not mistaken, I think one of the criteria to qualify you as a soccer mom is to constantly worry; about everything. Another is to be the proud and defensive driver of a minivan; one with the sliding doors on each side so that the kids can get in and out really fast so you have one less thing to worry about, getting DIRT in your minivan). Yesterday was one of the weirdest. Yes, I'm sorry to say, but this one did turn out to be reality. Somewhere in the Eastern United States (the exact location has been kept confidential, as part of the witness protection program), they actually had to make it illegal to have Chinese sucker fish eat the dead skin off of your feet. Something about it being 'unhygienic' or some hogwash like that. Oh, and did I mention, that someone is actually appealing that decision? Yes my friends, I'm afraid that Justin is correct in saying that truth is stranger than fiction.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this edition of 'Random Sampler'. You may now unbuckle your seatbelts and go back to bed. Sweet Dreams! (or did that really happen?)

4 comments:

BrandonandJeana said...

Hello Hello...I got your thank you card today! I had to go get the picture out of my photo album to refresh my memory a little bit. No problem about the haircuts, thats how I want sisters to remember me...a good haircut. BTW, cute blog, we're bloggers as well...brandonandjeana.blogspot.com Check it out...good to hear from you and may I say...way cute baby girl! Miss ya tons.

Scott and Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Krista said...

Let me start by first saying that the ufo blog is only in place for me to upload my background papers. Second of all, Scott is in trouble for uploading that video of me being mad and not knowing he was videotaping me! He's such a punk! I need to go in and delete that video. I didn't know it was on there. Yes the girls are cute in it though. Scott made the ufo blog a long time ago and blogged some of his dumb ufo stories. Since he no longer lives in MESQUITE, he is out of ufo stories to tell. So that is how the ufo blog became my uploading site. (and apparently Scott has intruded with video's of me being mad)

Karen said...

Ha ha :) I like the part about Sarah Palin. I saw that debate and laughed a little bit when she said that. How are you guys anyway?