1 Year Anniversary

So we made it to our one year anniversary (which is nice since we have a kid and all). We drove to Flagstaff and had dinner at Chili's. I love that place! Justin also noticed a Bed Bath and Beyond and we just happened to have a gift certificate for there. So we went and spent it all. It was so fun. I was like a kid in a candy store, who actually had money to spend!
By the time we headed for home,it was late and Justin had to wake up early for a meeting. Therefore, I drove. Somehow, I missed the exit (not that that is all that surprising). I ended up driving 40 miles past it! I was just cruisin' along, wondering why I had never noticed the gargantuous dinosaur made of metal, covered in christmas lights with its head bobbing up and down before (you would think I would have noticed something that). hmm, oh well, I thought as I continued cruising down the highway at 85 miles per hour. "This place doesn't look familiar" ran through my head. "It must just be because it is dark" I consoled myself. Why are we 'Now Entering Apache County'? We live in Navajo County. "I guess Apache is first" I reasoned; "well then, why did I see a sign for an exit to Show Low, the next town over from Snowflake, like 1/2 and hour ago?" "That one must be the long way around" I unknowingly lied to myself. It wasn't until Justin woke up with a shocked and confused, "Where the freak are we?" Until I realized that we were in fact far from our desired destination. "I don't know" I replied innocently.
Well, anyway, we turned around and I booked it back to Snowflake. We didn't make it home 'till 2am, but hey, what's a celebration if it doesn't end at an rediculous hour in the morning anyway?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your story!! It was very clever and made me laugh...even Zac got a kick out of it :)
I'm sure Justin is proud to be married to such a creative writer!

Scott and Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Krista said...

Wow, now that is some story. I know why you were so confused. When you saw the dinosaur you assumed that you had driven back in time. I would too if I saw something like this...

http://www.bigbonton.org/upload/2006/08/Vernal%2520UT%2520dinosaur.jpg

Crap, I would have thought I was back in Vernal, Utah 1982. Anyway, you didn't actually go back in time. You were lost. So to help you out I've developed a little program I like to call google maps. You just wait, it will be big some day. Here is just a piece of what I'm talking about.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=snowflake+arizona&ie=UTF8&ll=34.653545,-110.407104&spn=1.680927,3.570557&z=9

Now isn't that helpful. Next time you leave the city limits of snowflake, print this off. It will come in handy.

Sarah Lamoreaux said...

At least u didnt run out of gas ;) !! har har~~