Another Recipe

If you are like me, you have cans of chicken noodle soup and don't really know what to do with them (since Chicken Noodle Soup from a can is not exactly a gourmet meal.)

Here is a delicious and easy recipe I got from a friend:
1.  Cook some rice.  It tastes better if you cook it in chicken broth instead of water, it adds more flavor.  You can use the canned or boxed kind or the powder form.
2.  Heat up a couple cans of chicken noodle soup and add some frozen vegetables.  I used the kind with lima beans and corn and green beans and peas and carrots.
3.  Mix the soup and vegetables with the rice and voilla!  Dinner is served.
Optional:  You can also add some extra chicken if you want.  The canned kind is easy or if you happen to have some leftovers that would be perfect.

Anyhoo, I am just a big fan of easy recipes.  I heard a good tip - if you don't know what to make for dinner, put on a pot of boiling water when you get home.  Chances are pretty high you will need to boil something, whether it be pasta or potatoes or Ramen.  I think you can eat rice with just about any meal, so a good idea would also be to just put some rice on.  Then you can mix it with beans or chicken or whatever else you have.  
Happy cooking!

* You can add as much rice to the recipe as you want.  You can make it more soupy or more dry, depending on your preference.  I like it with a little more liquid. :)

1 comment:

rhodesfamily said...

sweet! you nailed that about having chicken noodle around, but not knowing what to do with it. but question...is it supposed to be soupy, or does adding the rice make it pretty thick. i guess just call me :)